ONE Suitcase – This will be stored and you will not have access to it until we reach the hotel at night. Should be no larger than “Carry-On” sized (22” x 16” x 10”).
ONE Backpack Sized Bag or Smaller (“Daypack”) – This bag will stay with you on the bus and during the day for access to items you may need such as wallet, toiletries, cell phone, etc. Space is limited; overhead compartments are small and there isn’t much room under the bus.
SACK LUNCH – You will need this the first day. Don’t forget! Also, make sure to eat a good breakfast prior to coming to the stake center to board the buses (the first provided meal is Tuesday night).
Don’t forget your TEMPLE RECOMMEND – Your 5 temple names will be collected upon arrival, so keep in your daypack for easy access.
Daypack (Keep With You)
- Sack lunch for first day
- Up to 5 Temple Names
- Water Bottle (keep with you each day; should be refillable)
- Personal Identification
- Spending money (optional; note that food and snacks will be provided)
- Journal or spiral notebook; pen or pencil
- Cell Phones and other electronic devices (must be used appropriately) and chargers; note that youth will turn in cell phones and other electronic devices each night
- Pillow and/or blanket (optional)
- Personal items or toiletries that you want access to during the day
- Snacks (no popcorn) (snacks will be provided but you are welcome to bring any additional snacks)
- Sunblock and bug spray
- Hat and/or sunglasses (optional)
Suitcase (Under the Bus; Will Have Access To Each Evening)
- Temple Recommend
- Clothing for 4 days including:
- One outfit appropriate for attendance at the Temple (“Sunday Best”)
- Comfortable clothing for travel on the bus and touring Nauvoo sites
- Modest pajamas
- Rain poncho or light coat (optional)
- Underwear and socks
- ALL CLOTHING SHOULD ADHERE TO THE FOR STRENGTH OF YOUTH STANDARDS
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Personal items or toiletries such as deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Combs, brushes and hair accessories
—PLEASE BE SURE TO LABEL ALL OF YOUR BELONGINGS—
The Stake cannot be responsible for lost items. Bring items at your own risk. Please label all items with your first and last name as well as your Ward.